Sunday, July 22, 2007

Weekly update

Here we go.
Tuesday took me to On Top at Purdy, mixing records with Matt Cash. A little strange energy, rather empty, but I had fun dropping obscure 45's and taking naps. Wednesday I jumped in the
SUV and took a ride to Orlando to DJ Uncut, a party put on by artist Dustin Orlando. Apparently, there was some 'scene' drama, as this thing is at an upscale cocktail lounge, and the bar across the way opened up a dollar drink night. Anyway, played lots off booty bass, etc. Took the Amtrak home (fuck, that takes a long time) and went to Ft. Lauderdale to spin the thursday night at Poorhouse. A back-breakingly low table, no monitor, a crossfader with a dip in the middle, but none-the-less, a good time mixing lots of broken electronics and metal. Friday back at the Purdy Lounge for Yo Mama, a night that is always packed and always goes off. Saturday night I had an early one and woke up at 5:30 to get set for the 2nd Crandon Park triathlon of the series of three.
I dod not hit my personal best, but with zero training and too much night club life, I still feel good about finishing strong. The next one is August 22nd and I'll break that hour barrier if it kills me.

Playlists:

Tuesday
I-95 Asshole song
Rodeo Theme
Country Moog
Squarepusher-Fatcontoller

Wednesday
Uncle Al
Dj Funk
2 Live Crew
Ghost Town DJ's
Debbie Deb

Thursday
Aphex Twin-Window Licker and Come To Daddy
Bal Sogoth-The Ravening
Squarepusher-RedHotCar
Danzig-Mother
Slayer-Raining Blood
Senor Coconut-Beat It

Friday
Michael Jackson-6 songs in a row
Prince-3 in a row
Biggie-4 in a row
raggae power mix
old school power mix
Wu Tang-bring the ruckus
electro bass power mix
club rap megamix
and too much more

No comments: